Tuesday, June 14, 2011

London Day 2: What's with the heat wave?

So for the program orientation, we had to travel around in the Tube. Which is fine... except for the fact that the trains themselves are extremely hot and stuffy (I only got one train that showed any sign of air conditioning).

Along with riding the Tube for a bit, we had a walking tour of central London. Unfortunately, I was in a hurry to get to the meeting place for the tour, so I didn't have my 7D on me. Instead the touristy pictures were taken with the Nikon Coolpix. :(



It was interesting how towards the end of the tour, we saw a fire that broke out and earlier our tour guide, Owen, was telling us about the history of London and the fires. Taking those few pictures reminded me of when I used to work for the Daily Cal. Ah photojournalism, it's been a while.



Although my feet were dying by the end of the day, I managed to haul myself to the top floors to try and get some sunset/scenery shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment