So here's a look at some things related to photography that I accomplished (or wanted to) this year:
- First and foremost, I was able to (somehow) take pictures everyday while I was in London. Whether I uploaded them immediately was a different issue I need to work on.
- Second, I had hoped to do some weekly assignments from one or two places... which didn't last long for me. This is something I really need to work on. -.-
- I did have a few opportunities to enter photography related contests that I didn't enter. :(
- This blog itself was, admittedly, forgotten when fall semester started. Personal issues made it difficult for me to keep interest in taking pictures, so I apologize for that.
- As corny as this sounds I have started (started being the keyword) on a business plan/what I want to do with photography.
Now with that out of the way, here are a couple things I'd like to try and uphold for the upcoming year:
- Although I'm a little slow on joining the bandwagon, I will be doing a Project 365 for the year 2012. :)
- A weekly photo shoot of one item a week. I'm a little iffy about this one, but it'll be mostly items that I find around my place and such in order to experiment with angles, exposure, etc.
- Weekly photo assignments. Yeah... considering how it didn't last long last year, I'm hoping that I'll stick to them better this time around.
- Creating a portfolio (physical and digital copy): this one has been on my to-do list for quite some time and it's sort of started yet when you take pictures often, the portfolio needs to be updated often as well.
- I know I said this last year, but I'm going to go ahead with ordering postcards. Yay! Now I need to find which images I want to print. :P
- Along with postcards, I'm going to try and complete my business plan that I've started. Last year I said that I wasn't interested in starting a photography business. As of right now, I am re-examining my decision and figuring out what I want to do with my photography.
I think that's about it for goals. Crossing fingers on upholding these this year! >.<
PS: Happy New Year!!! :)