Tuesday, April 6, 2010

When All Else Fails...

There are times when I'm out taking pictures and I wonder how do I make this shot come out great? All photographers have their own style, just like any other artist of any medium. I tend to fall back on the basics of photography when I don't know how to photograph certain subjects.

The (one and only) Rule of Thirds: The golden rule in photography of having the subject one third from from edge of the frame. It's probably the first rule that I learned way back when I was taking Photo 1A in high school, but seriously, when I can't figure out a good way to capture the subject, I tend to go back to this. It's probably because it's meant to be "safe" method to rely if all else fails, but at the same time, personally, after so many photographs with this rule tends to get boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment